A tough choice of Floral Retreats and Masterclasses are filling the 2019 calendar over the coming months. Scroll down for a growing list of the best places to find floral Masterclasses and Workshops around the world.
- 30 September – 3 October
‘Paradise found‘ – a residential floral escape with Firenza Floral Design and Moss & Stone at Saltmarshe Hall – Details here.
THE MASTERLIST: floral workshops and masterclasses across the world…
UK FLOWER MASTERCLASSES
The Garden Gate Flower Company– floral design and flower farming classes at this stunning farm in Cornwall. Classes from September 2019, including bouquet and artisan classes.
Aesme Flowers – London. Aesme is an artisanal flower studio in Shepherd’s Bush, West London, specialising in floral design informed by the seasons and inspired by the English garden. They also grow most of their flowers at their farm. Offering 1-2 day workshops from May to October 2019, 3 day Masterclasses in June and September as well as international intensives in Italy and South Korea.
Zita Elze – Award-winning designer Zita Elze offers a range of classes for professionals and amateurs in London, sharing her creativity, originality and inspiration with a generosity of spirit which is reflected by her team of professionally trained tutors.
Firenza Flowers – Named in Vogue’s Top 20 UK florists, Fiona Pickles does absolutely stunning pieces, large installations with a focus on foam free. Intensive workshops, Masterclasses and private tuition May through October 2019.Yorkshire, UK.
London Flower School – London. A wide range of professional and vocational courses cater to all levels of experience. Courses run April through November 2019.
Philippa Craddock – London. A range of classes from one day taster workshops to more intensive courses on Professional Event Floristry. May through to December 2019.
EUROPE FLOWER MASTERCLASSES
Hanako Floral Studio – West Cork, Ireland. Farm and floral design workshops offered in half to full day workshops April through to November 2019.
Puscina Flowers – Tuscany, Italy. Flower farm and floral styling. Workshops run May through September 2019.
UNITED STATES FLOWER MASTERCLASSES
Ponderosa and Thyme – Oregon, US. A selection of one and two day workshops run in the Ponderosa Classroom, April through November 2019. Artistic expression in floral design can also be explored through course intensives and international retreats.
Honey of a Thousand Flowers – Salt Lake City, US. In April 2019 Sarah Winward teams up with Nicole Land of Soil & Stem to offer a two day workshop in Mexico. She also joins Fiona Pickles of Firenze Flowers to offer a day workshop in New Yorkshire, England in May 2019.
New York Flower School – New York, US. An array of workshops, short courses and Masterclasses on offer. Ariella Chezar is Artistic Director and Master Designer .
The Little Flower School is the traveling teaching project of Nicolette Owen of Nicolette Camille Floral Design Brooklyn, New York . Half, full and multi-day intensives are on offer as too is private tuition.
Witte Farm – Portland, US. Masterclasses and workshops on offer from time to time at the farm.
Ariella Chezar – Workshops and retreats all over the world. Check Ariella’s website for upcoming floral experiences.
AUSTRALIA / New Zealand / ASIA
Best flower workshops in Melbourne / Victoria
- Flos Botanical Studio – Abbotsford, Melbourne. Great workshops on offer April through June 2019.
- Victoria Whitelaw – Richmond, Melbourne. The VW School of Flowers has 34 classes on offer. Generally 2 hours in duration, run day and evening from April through June 2019.
- Melbourne Flower School – Yarraville, Melbourne. Courses for beginners, two hours to full day workshops as well as Floral Design Career Development Courses. Classes from April 2019.
- Bloom College – Collingwood, Port Melbourne and Geelong. A comprehensive range of courses across 3 sites. Half and full day workshops as well as intensives run from April through December 2019.
- Pretty Little Details – Bendigo, Victoria. Occasional workshops offered.
Best flower workshops in Sydney / NSW
- Oh Flora – Sydney. Tanya hosts workshops and experiences in beautiful locations all over the world, including New Zealand, California, Mexico City, Italy and Byron Bay .
- Floral Masterclass – Alexandria, Sydney. This is a collaboration between Mr Cook Flowers, Jardine Botanic and Aleksandra. Occasional Masterclasses on offer.
- Flower Lane and Co – Alexandria, Sydney. Floral workshops run April through June 2019.
- Pearsons School of Floristry – Darlinghurst, Sydney. Day workshops and evening classes. Career courses and Masterclasses run through 2019.
Best flower workshops in Brisbane / Queensland
- The Flower School – Brisbane, QLD. Courses, classes and Master Workshops run through to December 2019.
- Wild at Heart Flowers – Brisbane, QLD. Workshops offered on occasion. Check out our profile on Chris here
- Wallflower Floral Design Brisbane, QLD. Workshop for adults and kids on offer as well as personalised events.
Best flower workshops in Adelaide / South Australia
- Gooseberry Hill Farm – Adelaide Hills, SA. A beautiful farm in the rolling Adelaide Hills, has started hosting workshops.
- Fleur de Lys Flowers – Adelaide, SA. A range of workshops run March through May 2019 catering for beginners to the more advanced.
- Austin Bloom – Adelaide, SA. Workshops and courses run from April 2019.
Best flower workshops in Perth / WA
- Matthew Landers – Perth, WA. Workshops, short courses and Masterclasses run from Perth and Northfield,Adelaide.
- Sweet Floral – Perth, WA. Offer fun and informal workshops as well as Flower Crown Parties.
- Riverdale Farm, Albany, WA. Offers individual tuition and seasonal flower classes and workshops.
This list is by no means complete! It’s only just beginning. Please drop us a line if you have anything to add!